Random musings with an aviation flavor, natch.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

EAA-esque Saturday!

Second month for my newish buddy R. and I to participate in maintenance day at the flying club we are hoping to join...she and I have moved up the list since last month, now #s 5 and 6!
Anyway, I got to do/did even more on the Skylane this time! Most interesting thing was checking the fluid in the hydraulic wells for the brakes on the pilot side -- very, very small plastic screw at the top of the cylinder that must be removed; Air Force guy and member D. showed me how to do; the 182 crew had made a teeny dowl (sp?) to use as a dip stick - it worked, and the fluid was fine!
Last time I was this EAA-esque (that is, do mechanical work under an A&Ps supervision) was crawling around in the PE/PW 182 with Don K., circa 2002!
Way cool!
I shall never be an engineer, but this taking apart and putting back accurately parts of an aircraft definitely makes me a better pilot!
I went home greasy, tired, and happy.
Blue Skies!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home