Random musings with an aviation flavor, natch.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Girls rule the skies!

R. and I finally flew together! With me as PIC of necessity at my rental place, but she was awesome on Comms.
Avoided the coast after WX and Saturday's view indicated marine layer ready to come back inland in a breath.
So simply went to POC, but TOA-> POC (and back!) is a route with LOTS of VOR changes and of course SoCal freq changes. And 'twas a super busy day. ABSOLUTELY GREAT to have another pilot along! Haven't had this experience since riding "shotgun" myself for S. sometime in the spring; her Ms. EE has been down for avionics, etc. for a time.
We were some of the few women on the freqs, so not as awesome as that one day I had w/ my CFI A when she, me, the tower and SoCal were ALL girls, but still way cool.
Will do again soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home